What would you do if you went on a vacation to another city and suddenly found yourself in another country altogether? Most of us would be confused. Even the most reckless of adventurers would at least raise an eyebrow if told they’d flown for close to half a century.
On July 2, 1955, Pan American Flight 914 made its way from New York to Miami, Florida. It was a fine sunny day, and 57 passengers on board the plane were looking forward to seeing the warm beaches and palm trees of Florida. The plane took off without trouble, but 3 hours later, when it should’ve already landed at the destination airport, it was nowhere to be seen.
When air traffic control contacted the New York tower, they got a perplexing reply: Flight 914 just disappeared from the radars in mid-air.
SUMMARY: – On July 2, 1955, Pan American Flight 914 made its way from New York to Miami, Florida. It was a fine sunny day, and 57 passengers on board the plane were looking forward to seeing the warm beaches and palm trees of Florida.
– Everything indicated that the plane was lost: apart from having vanished from the radars, air traffic control couldn’t get through to the pilots with the radio.
– Eventually, although the case was never really solved, there was an official statement that the plane crashed, taking the lives of everyone on board.
– Change of scenery. It’s now September 9, 1992, and we’re in Caracas, Venezuela. It’s a perfectly normal day for Juan de la Corte, air traffic controller at the Caracas airport.
– Seemingly out of nowhere, a new dot appeared on the radar. It was as if an aircraft had just popped up from nothingness, or as if it had been hiding from the radar and now decided to show up.
– In less than 10 minutes, the culprit showed up in the field of vision. At first it looked to the air traffic control like an ordinary airplane, but as it got closer, they could see that it was, in fact, very oldю
– The real confusion began when the pilot of the mysterious aircraft contacted the tower and asked in English, “Where are we?”
– The pilot said his flight was scheduled to land at the Miami airport at 9.55 am on July 2, 1955. Now it was time for the tower to fall into silence.
– Ground units were immediately called to assist the plane and the passengers, and it landed without trouble. Having relaxed a little bit, Juan finally decided to ask something that bothered him. “Do you know today is May 21, 1992?”
– Juan heard the flight captain’s panicky voice saying, “No! Stay away! We’re leaving now!” And indeed, he started the engines again and, without waiting for take-off clearance, taxied the plane to the runway.
– There’s much dispute about the credibility of this event. Back in 1985, a tabloid called Weekly World News was the first to cover this story.
– However, the legend still lives, and many sources retell it in their own way. Some even go as far as to say that the passengers of the plane eventually returned to their homes.
– One thing that keeps popping up on the Internet and piquing the interest of paranormal enthusiasts is a small pocket calendar that somehow was left on the Caracas airport runway when the notorious plane took off.